What We Do
Full Service Interior Design & Build
From the earliest feasibility study, to schematic design and construction design package, we support you at every stage of your project and offer a fully customisable suite of professional interior design services.
Combining our creative, multi-disciplinary work style with our extensive retail, residential and workplace interior design experience, we work with you to deliver stunning interiors that meet your aspirations, timescales and budgets for the project.
Our Work Stages
Finding out your expectations of the project. Timeline, budget, scope of works.
2. Site Visit
- Site analysis
- Feasibility studies
- Construction restrictions
- Program estimation
3. Pre-Appointment Meeting
- Schematic design proposal
- Appointment discussion
- Letter of Appointment
- Briefing of project schedule
- Design service fee deposit
1. Design Fine Tune
- Refine design concept + floor plan
- Explore technical requirements
- Gather information
2. 3D Render
- 3D illustration based on the confirmed layout
3. Material + Cost
- Exploration of material
- Cost confirmation
4. Construction Drawings
- Construction feasibility studies.
- Develop detailed construction drawings
Design Consultancy Process
- First, you could contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill up the discovery form here. We arrange a time to speak about what you’re looking to do. These are the 3 info we require from you, your budget, timeline and jobscope. We will share you the cost of consultancy and estimated construction cost. If this service is a good fit for you, we move on to the next step.
- Second, we discuss further your desired outcome and site-visit arrangement(if available). We will send you the acceptance document of the appointment by email. Once you have formally accepted the engagement, you will receive an invoice for the deposit.
- Third, our team will carry out preliminary studies, discovery and a detailed understanding of your requirements. Detailed site measurements will be done. Our team will require 21 days to complete a prelim layout with design proposal for you. This is where we start a design exploration process with you; several back and forth engagement will be done for us to better understand your needs. Info gathering includes items such as business/project goals, use of space, business/lifestyle direction, growth, technical requirements, and electrical needs.
- Forth, floor plans have to be signed off prior to embarking on 3D creation. We will guide you to work out an ideal functional design for you. This difficult process will take from 6 weeks to 3 weeks depending on the size, complexity, and changes made. Only 2 changes are allowed to be made to the 3D to ensure we meet the timeline of the project. From the time we engage on this project till this point will take approximately 2-3 months.
- Fifth, once the plans and 3Ds are confirmed, our team will then be able to work out a cost estimation. Budget discussion and value engineering exercise will take place to meet the balance of design, requirements and budget. Upon the sign-off of the plans, 3D and cost estimation, our team will commence on the construction drawings. A detailed Bills of Quantity (BQ) will be formulated to govern the scope of works and cost for the entire project. This acts as an agreement to the quantity cost and scope of work of the project. Should there be design changes made during this process, an additional fee will be charged for extra work done.
- Lastly, once the design package and BQ are signed off, our construction and management team will take over to manage the procurement and construction of the project on behalf of the client. The construction works can only be carried out upon payment is made.
- The design phase will take from 6 to 12 weeks. Implementation of construction will take from 6 weeks to 6 months, depending on the access of place and type of work. The duration is also based on scope of work shared by the client, we will formulate a schedule and timeline for the entire project.
- Years of architecture project management and interior design expertise distilled to consult and recommend what’s best for you based on your needs.
- Batch problem-solving and weekly or bi-weekly meetings via video call or in person depending on the requirements of project milestones. The process is agenda and milestone driven.
- You are looking to springboard your business performance, team culture, user engagement and space refinement to a whole new level. Unique and bold is what you stand for.
- Homeowners who are looking to build a unique and bespoke space. You want to challenge design norm and explorative with problem solving solutions.
- Design consultancy: 15% – 12% of construction cost. A detailed scope of work is required to provide reviewed consultancy fee.
- Minimum fee of engagement – RM300,000 project construction cost including design.
The Design Team’s support:
- Leonard Mak the founder of LMS spearheading the project design direction and ideal outcome. More about my background here.
- Studio operations and project management lead by our Studio Associate Designer, Rachel Chuah. More of her background here.
- Led by our Senior Creative Manager, Amelia Teh with over 11 years of interior design experience. More of her background here.
- Designers with a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Studio executive, Avy Teo with more than 10 years of experience to help ensure the project’s procurement and administrative works being carried out smoothly.
√ 3D render
√ Material selection
√ Construction drawings
Once the above 4 items are signed off, construction may commence.
We’ve designed over 80 projects across Malaysia, size ranging from 1,000 sqft to 40,000 sqft. We are enthusiastic about unconventional design. Practical design trumps over aesthetic because you wouldn’t want to have a nice looking kitchen that does not serve you.
Reach out to us! If you are:
- Explorative, bold and adventurous!
- Hiring us for our expertise.
- Genuinely looking to solve a root problem, desire to change the current state.
- Is open to a different perspective, though likely testing each piece of advice rather than accepting it blindly.
- Is willing to let us (1) decide which problems and requirements are relevant; (2) diagnose the problem accurately; (3) and suggest the best solutions that can lead to real change but minimizes cost incurred as much as possible.
- Cost of consultancy and build investment is not a burden for you.
- Budget contingency prepared for changes and requirements through the design journey.
To access the Discovery Sheet, click here.